Neway Times N More

Day 336 Wed 03/13/2013
Taco Night!

Leah & Mo fighting over dishes :)

“I have less than one month left in Australia.  Oh man!  This is crazy.  Today one elderly lady really took advantage of having 4 blokes at her house by having us dig up huge plants & shrubs just to move them around some.  It was not cool, but what the heck we entertained her.  David told us some good (mostly bad) jokes this arvo.

Mo!  Hahahahaha!

Brendon, Mike & I talked about the restaurant in Phoenix, Arizona called the Heart Attack Grill.  Talk about making us (Americans) look dumb.  If you weigh over 350 pounds you eat free!  These are burgers no normal person could eat.  There is grease dripping from everything on the menu.  Brendon had just asked me the other day if my parents were fat.  He’s a really nice 22 year old Kiwi kid, so he wasn’t trying to be disrespectful either.  People’s perception of American’s comes directly forom the media.  We are FAT & dumb as shit.  With YouTube Videos (from a local news source) like The Heart Attack Grill, Honey Booboo & most of the other “Reality TV” Shows it is no wonder they think we are all completely ignorant.
The walk-in clinic wants $65 to look at my arm where I have this infection.  I need to find someone who will let me use his medicare card.  A Canadian’s would be perfect.  I had used a Dutch one once.  If I can pass as Dutch then surely I have Canadian in the repertoire.
Leah had everyone over for TACO NIGHT ! ! ! ! ! !
Leah made tiramisu in record time for our dinner tonight with Moh, Ori & Mageet (Waldo).  I helped by making myself a milkshake, licking bowls & spoons, making a mess with the blender blades, & cleaning dishes.  Hah! (I assume Leah got onto me for not helping out, so this is me being a smart ass.)  This is helping Leah.  I did offer more help, but she declined it. 
I had a good email chat with Katia tonight.  What a doll.  She is the Columbian diving princess living in Brisbane.”


Mag, Mo, Ori & Leah at Leah's Taco Night

Day 337 Thur 03/14/2013
Cleaning House
“It was a rainy day at work.  We did very little after getting soaked at the first German old lady’s house, which was fine by us.  I came home early & began my weekly cleaning duties all the house mates share.  Leah made me a list last night.  So I cranked on some tunes, vacuumed, mopped, cleaned dishes, toilets, mirrors, & so on.  When Leah’s roomie came home with Pearl Jam playing she acted like I had just killed her firs born.  She was non-responsive to my greetings while I was elbow deep in the sink with the dirty mop standing on freshly mopped floors.  The hardwood floors were sparkling as she snatched her lappie (laptop PC) up & disappeared to her room.  Some people just refuse to allow themselves a chance…  I just belted out PJ lyrics louder.  Hateful people REALLY hate people like ME.  In ya face, missy.  J


Day 338 Fri 03/15/2013
DumbA$$ Manager

Up in the cage at Neway Transport
“Today is my last day working with David here at Neway because he is leaving for Bali for his vacation.  It’s been great working with ya, mate!  However, I cannot say the same for some of the management.  The new manager refuses to call me Michael like I asked him to.  I was pretty pissed about the whole situation.  He finally called me Michael Jon (the guy was just being a complete a$$ on purpose, so I just completely ignored his presence until he started calling me Michael).
Tonight Leah & I watched a French movie about a care giver & a disabled man, called the Intouchables.  It was good, but once again the DVD skipped & I had to leave the room in frustration (her DVD player has been on the fritz for ages it seems).  The last movie we tried to watch ended the same.  Annoying skips.
Leah & I are supposed to go diving in the AM at Rockingham Beach with Britt & Kylie.  We are taking it easy tonight.”

David, it's been a pleasure working with you.  Have a great trip
to Bali!  Hoping you the best, mate.  Thanks for everything! -Michael
Day 339 Sat 03/16/2013
Failed Pick Up Lines

from left: David, Mo2, Paul & I
“Soon after waking up I received a text from Britt calling off the dive.  Lame!  So Leah & I ate brekkie.  I had two brekkies.  Then we went to a few OpShops (Second hand stores or Goodwills).  I bought two pairs of board shorts.  Both pairs cost me $5!!!!  Hewl YEA!  I got a camo pair & an Aussie flag pair.
We met Oranoos (Ori), Moh, Moh2 & Laza at Scarborough Beach.    I took many pictures of the massive waves crashing in on us.  I found a pair of nice women’s sunnies too (sunglasses).  Then immediately Leah lost her sunnies from getting blasted by a wave.  We found them, & now she has 2 pairs.  Next I setup the tripod & took some timed photos.  Laza brought a couple of beers.  We ran into a Aussie babe in a black bikini in the water, Melissa.
David & Paul (Mag)
Mageet came to pick me up.  We went to Moh2’s house where I met his friend David.  We had some killer chicken nachos & beers.  Then we four went to Mt Lawley to party.  Moh2 is a photographer.  Every hanging photo in his place was his shot.  There were some very nice pictures.  This is a must for me as well.  I must be able to say every picture in my place is one I took or painted (or Sharpie’d).  All my creations.  I’ll work on it.  I really liked the photo he had taken in Asia of Dave & his reflection in the water with a lily pad floating.
At the bars I was meeting tons of people (mostly gals).  The guys were wanting me to set them up with ladies.  I would be talking to 5 gals while the 2 guys plus one Aussie, David, were being too shy.  Mageet was introducing himself as PAUL & making shit up that even I couldn’t follow.  We couldn’t have a decent chat with the gals.  Rookies!”

Fun on Scarborough Beach today
            I didn’t need to meet any ladies.  I was leaving soon.  I was all about getting these guys setup.  So of course I couldn’t go wrong tonight.  Why does NOT CARING attract women?  One of my best mates back home has a shirt that says “IDGAF” & it must be MAGIC out on the town.  Mageet, I mean PAUL, was making up stories that were incredibly bad.  Don’t get me wrong, they were HILARIOUS.  Not funny if you are trying to take someone home though.  I loved it.  We had a good time, but nobody was taking anyone home tonight.




(from left) McNair, Jon, Mick, Mikey, Michael & I


Day 340 Sun 03/17/2013
Music Sunday

“Caraccio’s birthday is today & it is Saint Pattie’s Day.  Leah & I took the train to the CBD (Central Business District?) for some free live music.  Ali, from the Anaconda III, comes back from Bali today & is heading to Perth.  I will definitely meet up with her later in the week for a catch up.”


Day 341 Mon 03/18/2013
Yard Work for Home Inspection

“I had easy work today with People Who Care.  The home inspection at Leah’s house is tomorrow so I had more yard work to do when I got home.  I used Leah’s old school push mower (the one with a barrel that spins and supposedly cuts grass), and it sucks.  I got my tax returns today.  Yea boi, some more money.  I need this.  I watched How I Met Your Mother before bed.”

Day 342 Tue 03/19/2013
Brendon & Mike on the slide
Persian New Year

“I woke up this morning & was stoked to have Mike & Brendon take me by the bank to deposit my tax return when I realized it was NOT a check at all.  It was a BILL!  Oh no!  I owe $464 something.  I called the ATO (Australian Tax Office) & found out I messed up my returns.  Shoot!  I still must pay this in order to not be penalized.  I’ll have to fix the problem later.

Mike is about to make a SPLASH

We had some hard work today with Mike & Brendon.  We got fed delicious scones today by a little old lady with a parrot.  Then we took a few minutes to go jump into the water at Scarborough Beach.  Not bad at all.
Tonight we have volunteered our time to help James with Takreem (a company he has started in partnership with another business mate).  We (Leah, Ori, James & friends/family) were attempting to sell raffle tickets at the Persian New Year’s Festival downtown here at King’s Park.  I ended up dancing with the hottest & most beautiful Persian gal there, named Nikkita.  I may have gotten her number…
This picture reminds me of why Mike & Brendon decided
to join me out here.  The two girls out here are not wearing
bikinis at all.  Instead, they are sporting their undies!!!!
We all had a very good time, but sold very little raffle tickets.  The music was awesome.  Good looking Persian women.  Leah was super terrified to talk to people tonight trying to sell these raffle tickets.  This was funny to me, because normally this kind of thing wouldn’t faze her at all.  Ori was fearless though.
I am calling back to the States to contact Sun Tech in Reno, Nevada about this potential job offer.”

            I was not happy at all on this tax return deal.  It turns out there is a box in the form somewhere reading something like “Are you an Australian permanent resident?”  So I check NO.  Well, for tax filing purposes I was filing as an Aussie resident.  So I should have checked YES.  Whoops.

People Who Care - Perth, WA

            We ruined ourselves for much more work after eating all the scones at the first ladies house.  They were so tasty.  The parrot was great entertainment as well.  We were able to go have lunch down at the marina today.  There was some water park here as well.  I was already in my board shorts, so I jumped in right off the bat.  Eventually my co-workers had to join when they saw all the fun I was having hitting the slides out in the middle of the marina.  There might have been a few bikinis running around out there with us as well, but I am sure that had nothing to do with them jumping into the water.

View of the city of Perth from King's Park for Nowrūz (Iranian New Years)
            I have to admit it was a little difficult selling the raffle tickets.  I was getting slam dunked by every person I approached.  I think Ori had the best luck with sales.  Nobody was going to buy anything from me.  I guess I still looked like a beach bum.  I was better at selling myself on a date that selling raffle tickets.  I was standing in the background trying to pick up on some of the dance moves I was seeing.  Suddenly this more than attractive woman comes up & asks me why I am not dancing.  I told her I was supposed to be working, but if she was offering I quit the job.  She held out her hand, & I we were on our way to the middle of the dance floor.  In no time James is out there with Leah, Ori & company.  

Happy Nowrūz (from left: Ori, Nikkita, James & I)

James, Nikkita & I at Nowrūz


James & Ori




Nikkita pretended like I was a good dancer.
Day 343 Wed 03/20/2013
Ali in Perth

Brendon's FREE couch!  Yea Broo!
“After work today I went into the city to meet Ali at the CBD.  We caught the train down to Fremantle to Dive Ski Surf for me to pick up my paycheck & drop off my malfunctioning torch.  We then hit up the Little Creatures Brewery for dinner & micro brewed beers.  Then we somehow ended up at the Tiki Beat Bar in Frio for some Cuba Libre drinks.  The bar tender was a tatted up MotoX  gal.  We stayed out much longer than expected.”


Ali & I with some rando guy
who wanted to buy us tequila

            We have been trying to get in touch with a lady who has a couch she wants to have hauled off.  Well finally got in contact with her today and had time to go pick up the sofa.  Well when Mike saw it he joked to Brendon about taking it back and putting it in his place.  Brendon liked this idea.  So we did just that.  It was a fairly decent couch.  I wouldn’t complain getting it.  We took it down to his house near Lake Monger.  He lives with 5 bachelors, and they are all divers.  There was dive gear, fishing tackle, boats, and a full fridge of beer on hand.  Mike and I liked his setup.

Ali & I at the Tiki Beat Bar (that's my TEQUILA face)
            Ali & I had a blast catching up down at the Little Creatures Brewery.  Dinner was good, & we really like the beers here.  We both missed our 3rd rowdy, Dayna.  So we called her up.  She was still in Airlie Beach, from what I remember.  We poured one out for her.  Hahaha.  After getting our fill here we took a tour of downtown Frio.  We had all intentions of getting back to Leah’s in a timely manner.  As we passed through the streets of Freemantle there was a techno Tiki song pumping out from the Tiki Beat Bar, so we had to go check it out.


David, our supervisor at
PWC, & a friendly pup

Day 344 Thur 03/21/2013
Special Ed Advice

“After work Laza came over to Leah’s with a Canadian gal who wanted to talk to Leah about her special education job.”

            Laza had a friend & his girlfriend crashing at his house for a week or so while their new accommodations were being prepared.  I cannot think of this gal’s name, but she was very nice.  I never met her boyfriend.  Must be a nice guy if Laza is letting them both stay in his spare bedroom for two weeks.


Day 345 Fri 03/22/2013
David’s Snack Schedule

0 0 1 0 USA
7 7 7 7 NZ..
“I got to work again today with David at People Who Care.  Both houses today had very cute dogs & we were given treats too.  The first place fed us quiche!  The second home served tea & biscuits (cookies).  Laza & I have tennis scheduled today after work.  I was so bad.  This could not have been fun for Laurence.  Afterwards we had beers at his house.  There were some sewer issues outside his house.  Finished the night with Ocean 1 Bar visit.”

            Just the other day Mike was talking about how nice it is when we get served drinks & snacks at the houses we work.  We have decided that David, who is the boss, knows the houses that serve the best munchies.  He makes sure he goes to these houses.  Usually he takes me with him.  If we split up I go with David while Brendon & Mike team up.  Mike is giving me hell today about hitting up all the little old ladies that serve the treats.  Hahahaaaa, it was so funny.  We are onto you, David.  Next time he sends the three of us over to a house with a large job and he goes solo we know what’s up.
            I was complete crap at tennis.  Laza destroyed me, which I am sure he could have done every time before as well.  We didn’t play long due to my lack of talent.  I felt like I had wasted his time completely.  We did take a good picture though.  So maybe not a complete loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment